Residential Landlord Insurance

Property ownership is generally perceived as a safe way to grow your financial well-being, and it’s not uncommon for a property to be listed on to the rental market.

Whether you own an apartment, townhouse, or house, residential Landlord insurance is important protection to have for your investment property.

You can insure your:

  • Building,
  • Landlord’s contents / fixtures & fittings, and
  • Liability

and also add cover for:

  • Loss of rent,
  • Rent default & theft by tenants,
  • Strata title mortgagee protection.

Buildings need to be insured for their full replacement value.

Landlord Insurance Contents, Fixtures & Fittings include any household goods that you own such as carpets, curtains, internal blinds and any other furnishings that are not built-in.

Liability insurance will cover you where you are found legally liable for loss or damage to someone else’s property, or death or physical injury.  Insurance that no landlord should be without.

Loss of Rent allows you to claim for lost income as a result of the premises being uninhabitable following an insured event (eg: fire, storm, impact etc).

The Rent default & Theft by a tenant section will allow you to claim for losses & expenses exceeding your bond, resulting from:

  • Your tenant leaving before the end of lease without giving notice
  • You having to legally evict your tenant
  • Your tenant ceasing to pay rent owed
  • Theft by a tenant or their visitors


Strata title mortgagee protection – If your body corporate has not insured the buildings adequately (or no policy is in place at all), and you are required to pay your mortgage in full, due to an insured event, this insurance will pay your financier up to the sum insured.

MKW will help you select the right Landlords Insurance solution to meet your needs so please contact us to discuss further.

Scroll Down For Online Quote Form

Please complete the following Residential Landlords Questionaire to obtain a quotation.

Existing Insurance Paperwork

If you have existing insurance paperwork available either scanned copies or PDF copies please complete the basic required details following and use the file upload section at the bottom and we will be in touch.

About You

Claims Information

Acceptance Criteria

Location Information


Property Details

If your home is built with different types of materials, select the material which the majority of the walls of your home is made from.
If your roof is built with different types of materials, select the material which the majority of the roof of your home is made from.

Sum Insured Values

Select the sum insured that best represents the amount required to rebuild your home to the current standard taking into consideration current rebuild costs and new building requirements. For example if you are situated near bushfire flame zones or if your local council will require building upgrades. The following Cordell's calculator will provide further guidance if required or contact our office.
If your unsure of the replacement building value, we encourage you to spend 5 minutes with this Cordell's Building Sum Insured Calculator We suggest keeping the calculation sheet for your records.

Building Sum Insured Calculator
Majority of our policies will have at least minimum $20,000 automatic cover. Please indicate required sum insured if over this value.
Please use this link to an external contents sum insured calculator. This will walk you through room by room and give you an accurate indication of your true contents replacement value.

Contents Sum Insured Calculator

Existing Paperwork & Additional Information

Please use this optional but recommended file upload section if you wish to attached any helpful additional information like previous insurance schedules or claims information or photos of your property to assist pricing. Alternatively email any documents after submitting this form to
Click or drag a file to this area to upload.
Click or drag a file to this area to upload.


By clicking SUBMIT button you are requesting MKW Insurance Brokers to prepare quotations and allow us to contact you in respect to the detail you have entered above.

Sydney Office

MKW Insurance Brokers

11 Thornleigh Avenue,
Concord, NSW, 2137

Postal Address:

MKW Insurance Brokers
P.O. Box 166,
Concord, NSW, 2137

Phone: (02) 9746 6273
Fax: (02) 9746 6255

Central Coast Office

MKW Insurance Brokers

38 Manns Road,
Narara, NSW, 2250

Phone: (02) 4311 6175


MKW Holdings Pty Ltd T/as MKW Insurance Brokers
ABN 53 617 495 495      AFSL 502391